In these last years we read a lot of statistics about WordPress, about its growth.
We experienced its diffusion thanks to usability of its backend but above all for the big community of blogger and marketers that appreciated this content management system and decided to use it to publish posts and interact with their readers and customers.
Also a lot of developers decided to invest in wordpress market and develop themes and plugins so to permit today to speak about WordPress economy.
Today, we want to share an infographic with some statistics and numbers that we read and extrapolate from a CODEINWP article ” Writing About WordPress? Here’s Where to Get Your Statistics From“.
In this infographic we evidence numbers and statistics ABOUT
- WORDPRESS USAGE AND POPULARITY. Do you know that 17 posts are published every second on WordPress sites around the world?
- WORDPRESS.COM: Do you know that 50,000 WordPress.com websites are being launched daily
- WORDPRESS FREELANCING/JOB:$50 per hour is how much WordPress developers usually charge. Do you know it? How much do you charge? write us on twitter @mediabeta with hashtag #chargewp
- WORDPRESS DEVELOPMENT: There have been 27 major versions of WordPress released since the platform’s inception. So much?!
- WORDPRESS THEMES: Premium WP theme has the average price of $40. Mmm interesting info!
- 17 posts are published every second on WordPress sites around the world. 
- 37 million global Google searches for “WordPress” are made per month. 
- Around 15,886,000 websites on the entire web use WordPress. 
- ABOUT WORDPRESS.COM 50,000 WordPress.com websites are being launched daily. 
- 409+ million people view more than 19.6 billion pages on WordPress.com monthly. 
- 54.2 million new posts and 49.9 million new comments are added monthly. 
- ABOUT WORDPRESS FREELANCING/JOBS $50 per hour is how much WordPress developers usually charge. 
- $1,000 is what a person usually pays for a full site design. 
- ABOUT WORDPRESS DEVELOPMENT – There have been 27 major versions of WordPress released since the platform’s inception. 
- Version 1.2 – plugins are introduced. 
- Version 1.5 – the first version of WordPress that allowed us to have multiple themes. 
- ABOUT WORDPRESS THEMES Premium WP theme has the average price of $40 
- 50% of all WP themes on ThemeForest made at least $1,000/month, 5% made at least 10,000/month 
- WordPress.org plugins received 1 billion total downloads