Instagram, in these years, is became the first social network for sharing pictures and videos, more and more people are using it.
The Instagram community has grown to more 500 active users in June 2016 (Source Statista).
In particular in U.S., 59 percent of internet users between 18 and 29 years used the photo sharing app.
Between 2016 and 2020, eMarketer predicts Instagram will add 26.9 million users for U.S.
These simple statistics confirm the importance to consider Instagram in Marketing strategy to drive traffic on website.
Below we describe some simple tactics which give good results if implemented.
1. INCLUDE A LINK TO BOOST TRAFFIC ON YOUR WEBSITE
Instagram lets you include one clickable link in your bio, so include always the link to your online shop or a targeted landing page in this spot. To add a link, go to Edit Profile and type it in the Website text box.
Your bio is the one place where your link is clickable, right under your name and description at the top of your Instagram page.
Write an informative and interesting bio that include your business name and a coincise description. When in doubt, follow this trusty bio-writing formula: who you are + what you do + a little of personality.
2. CREATE INSTAGRAM POSTS THAT USERS WANT TO FOLLOW
In particular promote your products with creative and professional photos. We suggest you if you are not a web designer to use Canva.com where you can find beautiful and useful “point of start”.
Instagram offers a range of filters to enhance the colors and moods of your photos. Play with colors and patterns to make unique image and if you are undecided, keep in touch this infographic “Instagram Success: These Types of Images Drive the Most Engagement” where you will read that image with:
- – high lightness generates 24% more likes than the dark images
- – blue as the dominant color generate 24% more likes than the images that are predominantly red
- – a single dominant color generates 17% more likes than images with multiple dominant colors
- – low saturation generates 18% more likes than those with more vibrant colors
- – high levels of texture generate 79% more likes than those without
3. GROW YOUR FOLLOWERS LIST AND SHOW OFF YOUR BRAND TO MORE POTENTIAL FANS
Instagram feeds change quickly and hashtags could help you to increase visibility of your Instagram posts so we suggest you three simple point:
- remember to add a mix of general hashtags and specific ones for your product;
- create and use a specific #hashtag for your product or event;
- don’t use more than 5 #hashtags
For some domains it could be useful:
- to have some interactions with influencers to amplify your message
- to create a team of ambassadors who spread the benefits of your products to all their followers.
- to encourage your Instagram followers to post photos and reviews, and you’ll reach many more users
We could write some other informations but it’s time to start and we will write other articles.
Remember that it’s important to have a strategy but also to measure his development and growth.